||Welcome, orientation to goals, structure of the meeting
||Cyberinfrastructure Working Group flash talks
- Data Management
- Data-Model Integration
- Software Engineering and Interoperability
- Computing Infrastructure
||Charu Varadharajan (LBNL) and Forrest Hoffman (ORNL)AI4ESP workshop report out and moderated discussion including workshop leaders and seed project PIs. https://www.ai4esp.org/workshop/. Flash talks from seed projects:
- Mavrik Zavarin (LLNL) - ML for experimental geochemistry data
- Bobby Jackson (ANL) - OPENCRUMS
- Forrest Hoffman (ORNL) -AI-Constrained Ecohydrology for Improving Earth System Predictions
||Flash talks: Communicating new, exciting CI capabilities and engaging the ESS community in shared CI needs.
- Jon Schwenk (LANL) - Veins of the Earth
- Danielle Christinason (LBL) - BASIN-3D data integration software
- Ethan Coon (ORNL) - Watershed Workflow
- Gilberto Pasterello (LBNL) - ONEFLUX development
- Giri Prakash (ORNL) - ARM data management capabilities and AI Strategies
- Rob Crystal-Ornelas (LBNL) - ESS-DIVE reporting formats
- Forrest Hoffman (ORNL) - ESGF plans
- Shawn Serbin (BNL) - Simplifying simulation workflows via containerization
- Kurt Maier (PNNL) - COMPASS compute plans
- Ben Sulman (ORNL) - Coupling E3SM and PFLOTRAN using Alquimia
- Synthesize flash talks, collect feedback, community funds, prepare for breakouts.
||Breakouts: Working Groups tackle common themes from their perspective
- What are new challenges?
- What are the gaps in CI that we could fill?
- How to spend community resources?
- How to coordinate and share CI developments and capabilities across projects?
- How to integrate with AI/ML - AI4ESP?